28.8.07

Finally!

Today I finally, finally, got to cook!
Before that though, I had to go on an adventure to Ikea. After sitting in traffic and taking a few wrong turns, some friends and I finally arrived at the Ikea in Renton. (All of this shopping sure has made me figure out where I’m going!) My friends ran around grabbing stuff they had forgotten for their rooms while I went on a hunt for cheap plates and flatware. I managed to get six big plates, small plates, and bowls for a very affordable price, even for a college student! (And a 20-piece set of silverware!) I also got a knife, so I could actually cut all of those nice veggies I bought yesterday.

After sitting in more traffic on the way back (I don’t know why I’m complaining, it’s better than the traffic at home…) I spent over an hour washing all of my new plates, and cooking utensils. Then a few friends trickled into the kitchen to help me cook! I decided to do a kind of stir fry, so we chopped the bell peppers, tofu, and broccoli and snapped the snow peas, and I got to sautéing! The pan was a little small though, so I had to do each vegetable by itself and then keep it warm in the pot. It was pretty ridiculous, and I ended up spending about three hours in the kitchen, but I managed to make a delicious, fresh, healthy dinner for myself and four friends. It was both filling and fulfilling, and tasted so good! It could only get better if it were less time consuming. Hopefully I’ll find the time to cook at least one night a week, maybe even up to three!

No comments: